Finance Officer – Joint Municipal Office in Saskatchewan
Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden No. 189
Nestled in the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley is one of Canada’s prettiest towns, Lumsden, offering a country-pace life style with a full range of social, recreational and cultural opportunities for all ages and interests. A growing, vibrant and friendly community, only 15 minutes away from the City of Regina, has an active artistic community spirit supported by the residents living in the Town and surrounding Rural Municipality. The population served exceeds 3700 and is growing with new residential and commercial developments.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Finance Officer will play a key role in the financial administration of both municipalities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all accounting functions for both municipalities including compliance with applicable legislation and reporting requirements.
- Act as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee and prepare the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage reserve accounts and debt portfolios.
- Oversee and prepare tax and assessment rolls, tax notices, education and municipal hail statements.
- Keep current the tangible capital asset schedules.
- Research external funding sources and prepare applications for project assistance.
- Manage project funding and payment of expenditures.
Education and Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or in the process of attaining a designation as a registered student member in good standing with an accounting organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting applications, GAAP and public-sector accounting standards.
- A proven aptitude working with IT software systems is essential.
- A strong knowledge of Excel is an asset.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The salary range is sufficiently broad and is based on education, qualifications and relevant experience.
If you are interested in receiving more information or exploring this opportunity further, please contact the Chief Administrative Officer, Monica Merkosky at (306) 731-2404 ext 8302 or email@example.com.
Qualified candidates for the position should apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To learn more about the Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden please visit www.lumsden.ca
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.