The National Energy Board’s (NEB) Participant Funding Program provides funding to facilitate the participation of the public in hearings with respect to new or abandonment projects for pipelines or power lines.
While municipalities are not eligible to apply for participant funding, the following individuals or groups can apply for funding:
- landowners or individuals living on or near the proposed project area
- unincorporated non-industry not-for-profit group or association
- incorporated non-industry not-for-profit organization;
- Aboriginal groups (e.g., First Nations, Métis, or Inuit); and
- other affected groups or individuals (e.g., community organizations that would be affected by the project).