Emergency Preparedness

SaskPower Safety Precautions for a flood:
Electrical     Gas        Generators

Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) Plan:

Web Site Links:
List Of Emergency Contacts

Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP):
The PDAP Program assists municipalities and residents in the event of  a natural disaster such as flooding, tornadoes, plow winds, etc.

Private Water Supplies Flood Program – Saskatchewan Ministry of Health:

The 2015 Flood Program is for citizens with a private well that has been potentially contaminated by flooding.  Contact the local Public Health Office at (306) 766-7500 & Press “1” for information on free water testing.
SK Health – Flood Private Well Program Information

Flood Information:

Following is information the municipality has received from the Ministry of Agriculture regarding flooding:

For non-agricultural emergencies, such as flooded basements, please contact the Office of the Fire Commissioner at 1-855-429-5455.  They can provide assistance in locating pumps, sandbags, etc., and can arrange for an Emergency Management Officer to inspect the site if necessary.

Managing emergencies for citizens, towns, communities, farmyards and RM’s will remain the top priority for government.  We anticipate that there will also be agricultural emergencies this spring.  Stranded cattle, flooded calving pens, accessing livestock feed and animal health issues are real possibilities in some locations.  After the emergency subsides, we also anticipate concerns for flooded pasture and crop lands.  For agricultural emergencies, the Agricultural Knowledge Centre (AKC) in Moose Jaw is the Ministry’s primary contact point for agricultural emergencies.  Resource Agents at the AKC will rout calls to regional staff, Ministry specialists or other agencies for response.  All residents are encouraged to call the AKC directly to report agricultural emergencies:

AKC: 1-866-457-2377

Is your community flood ready?  Check in with the Government of Canada’s “Flood Ready Campaign