Effective April 9, 2020 Tipping Fees can be paid by Interac (Debit) ONLY. Cash is no longer accepted. Credit cards are also not accepted.
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
The Lumsden Solid Waste Facility is your go-to place for all things recyclable, re-usable or disposable.
The Facility will have an attendant on site during the hours of operation, to ensure that waste/recycling is deposited in the proper location and to collect appropriate fees.
The Solid Waste Facility includes a building used to collect recyclable and reusable items, a recycle compactor, designated areas for metal and wood collection and a designated area for dumping non-recyclable items.
HOURS OF OPERATION
(as of June 1, 2017)
|Wednesdays||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursdays||5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (April 1st to November 1st ONLY)|
|Fridays||1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Pickup Truck or Small Utility Trailer||
$20.00 per load
|1 Ton Commercial Truck or Large Utility Trailer||
$40.00 per load
|2 Ton Trucks & Over||
$120.00 per load
|Special Services Fee||
$250.00 per load
|Items with Refrigerant (fridges, freezers, etc.||
$10.00 per item
$10.00 per tank
*TIRES ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED AT THE LANDFILL
FREE ITEMS PERMITTED INCLUDE:
- All bagged waste will continue to be allowed into the site free.
- All lawn and garden vegetation will continue to be allowed into the site free.
- If you sort your load, all recyclables, wood (clean), and metal will be allowed into designated areas at the site free.
MIXED LOADS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Household waste that is not contained in bags eg: Carpet, Furniture, Mattresses, Burning Barrels, etc.,
- Bulk refuse (incl. Concrete mixed with wood, metal or plastic rubble) shingles and insulation,
- Wood, metals and recyclables that are not sorted for disposal in specified designated areas,
- Wood that is not clean of nails, contaminants, OSB, etc.
Residential & Business Waste Collection Services:
|Tuesdays||North Side of the Tracks|
|Thursdays||South Side of the Tracks|
|Residential pick up will be from the front of your residence.|
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||Business Collection|
Residential & Business Recycling Collection Services:
RECYCLE CENTRE BUILDING:
- Beverage Containers & Milk Jugs
What’s not accepted:
- No longer accepting Film Plastic and Containers labelled #1.
- Used Oil (Used Oil can be dropped off at the Town Public Works Shop located at 200 River Street).
The compactor accepts household recyclables that don’t have to be sorted!
The Re-Use Centre is in located within the building on site. There are limitations on the size of items (they must fit on a shelf). Items in working order such as toys, household small appliances, décor, books etc, are accepted. Feel free to “shop” and take home items from the Re-Use Centre!
Landfill, garbage, refuse, dump, oil, re-use, recycle, recycling, tires, blue bin,