The Lumsden Solid Waste Facility is your go-to place for all things recyclable, re-usable or disposable.
The Facility will have an attendant on site during the hours of operation, to ensure that waste/recycling is deposited in the proper location and to collect appropriate fees.
HOURS OF OPERATION
(as of June 1, 2017)
|Wednesdays||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursdays||5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (April 1st to November 1st ONLY)|
|Fridays||1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Pickup Truck or Small Utility Trailer||
$20.00 per load
|1 Ton Commercial Truck or Large Utility Trailer||
$40.00 per load
|2 Ton Trucks & Over||
$120.00 per load
|Special Services Fee||
$250.00 per load
*TIRES ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED AT THE LANDFILL
WASTES ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY FREE ARE:
- All bagged waste will continue to be allowed into the site free.
- All lawn and garden vegetation will continue to be allowed into the site free.
- If you sort your load, all recyclables, wood, and metal will be allowed into designated areas at the site free.
Waste Collection Service:
|Tuesdays||North Side of the Tracks|
|Thursdays||South Side of the Tracks|
|Residential pick up will be from the front of your residence.|
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||Business Collection|
Recycling Collection Service:
Beverage Container Recycling – see changes effective April 1, 2017
- No longer accepting Film Plastic and Containers #1
- Sorting Not Required! We now have a Compactor!
- Now Accepting Electronics at the Re-use Centre
**Used Oil can be dropped off at the Town Public Works Shop located at 200 River Street.**
The Re-Use Centre is in located within the building on site. There are limitations on drop-off.Please note the signage for acceptable items. Feel free to “shop” and take home items from the Re-use Centre!
Landfill, garbage, refuse, dump, oil, re-use, recycle, recycling, tires, blue bin,